POSITION SUMMARY: This is a position for full-time, permanent unskilled manual labor. The purpose of this job is to ensure that the grounds of the Authority remain well groomed. Duties include cutting grass, trimming hedges, removing debris and trash from grounds, etc. Duties also include ensuring that vehicles which are improperly parked are removed from the premises. Reports to
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Ensures that grounds are well kept which involves cutting grass; trimming shrubs and hedges; raking leaves; applying weed killer; etc.
- Collects trash and debris from the premises and hauls same to the landfill.
- Performs minor maintenance and repair tasks on equipment including sharpening blades on lawnmowers and weed eaters; changing oil in motorized equipment; performing tune-ups; etc.
- Notifies proper authorities of vehicles which are improperly parked on the premises.
- Delivers warning notices regarding unkempt lawns to Authority residents.
- Installs street signs when necessary.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- May assist with cleaning housing units which have been vacated; also assists with performing minor maintenance tasks on housing units.
- Applies pesticides to housing units when requested.
- May assist with repairing potholes on street surfaces in housing projects.
- Changes locks on housing units when necessary.
- Ensures that departmental vehicles remain clean and in good repair.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma (or GED) or an equivalent combination of technical training.
- Experience to meet the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must have a valid vehicle operator’s license.
- Must be bondable.
- Must be insurable by the Authority’s fleet insurance carrier.