POSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of this job is to perform skilled work in the maintenance and repair of a variety of appliances and equipment in Housing Authority residences and other buildings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
The successful candidate:
- According to work orders, performs needed repairs on various appliances and equipment
including refrigerators, ranges, heating systems, air conditioners, and water heaters.
- Installs or removes various appliances and equipment such as refrigerators, ranges,
window air conditioner units, space heaters and wall furnaces.
- Performs necessary repairs and replaces worn or broken parts and components on various
appliances and equipment as listed above.
- Performs preventive and cyclical maintenance on appliances as schedules.
- Performs routine plumbing repairs including unstops fixtures and lines with plunger,
auger, cables, and roto-rooter; replaces faucets and cut-offs on equipment; replaces or
repairs plumbing fixtures and components; and repairs or replaces exposed waste piping.
- Performs various electrical repairs such as checking, resetting, or replacing circuit
breakers and fuses; replacing faulty switches, receptacles and covers; repairing or
replacing light fixtures and globes; testing and replacing smoke detectors; and repairing
- Installs and replaces window glass; repairs and/or replaces door and window screens.
- Installs, repairs, and replaces other various structural fixtures such as kitchen and
bathroom tile, exterior gutters, shingles for roofing, clotheslines, etc.
- Prepares walls and other surfaces for painting by washing walls, using sandpaper,
scraping to remove old paint and filling cracks and holes with appropriate material like
- Mixes, matches, and applies paints and other finishes to walls and other surfaces.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma (or GED) required, with six months to one year of grounds keeping experience required; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which
provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position. Must possess a valid Alabama driver’s license.